Thursday, March 27, 2008

...3 ...2 ...1 ...Ignition

Whoa ... my first post! No big deal though, everybody has a blog now. My name is everybody. Pretty straightforward setting-up process too, so there's no room for boasting any programming skills either. Well, modesty is a virtue anyway.

Let's start with a short interview, just like the one Vogue magazine will be taking me sometime next week. Or year. Life. For all the geeks out there, you could think of it as the official FAQ. Oh, I'm a geek myself so please don't take offence. I meant well.


What's with the blog's address? Some kind of secret code?
It's my cat's name. An immensely cute caffe-au-laite Burma cat. Means something close to "funny little puppet" in Romanian. All the other good names were already taken.

So are you from Romania?
Duh!

Is that a country or something?
You must be from USA.

What's with the blog's name?
Oh yeah, I'm not sure about that. It just came to me a few years back when I first thought about websites. It's definitely got some deep, hidden meaning. One of these days I'm going to figure it out.

What's your opinion on the invasion of Iraq?
I'm sorry; I'm not taking any Miss Universe kind of questions anymore.

Is there a one favourite web address you would rather visit during your lunch break?
Not right now. Fravia.com looks like an interesting site, but only if you have a-few-months-long lunch break.

What are your thoughts regarding the IT industry and its rapid development?
Prince of Persia. Ultima Underworld. Master of Magic. Master of Orion II. Panzer General II. Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal. Heroes III - WoG. Civilization IV - Fall from Heaven 2.

First three things you would be trying to save during a fire (God forbids)?
My girlfriend. My cat. My laptop. The rest is more or less replaceable.

Any favourite books?
Quite a few actually. Most of them I haven't read yet but I'm ecstatic at the thought. Robin Hobb's series, David Eddings's early work, George R. Martin's latest work, John Scalzi, Borges, Steven Erikson, Cortazar, Orson Scott Card. You get the picture.

Do you find contemporary acting perfomance convincing enough as to evoke the human soul's inner struggle and its existential uncertainties and unleash a powerful emotional discharge by employing only the most basic cinematography techniques, without resorting to any special effects or camera tricks?
Erm ... Kate Beckinsale looks kind of hot in Underworld.

Why did you start a blog?
Connect with people sharing same interests, maybe. Search and share information mostly. Vent things out. Entertain myself.

Tell us your best joke.
- What's the resemblance between a hawk and a mole?
- They both travel under ground. Except for the hawk.

I meant your funniest joke?
This is one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard.

What is the one question you would ask if you could?
Is there more to Universe than randomness and happenstance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frate Chelule
ideea e sa mai postezi cate ceva din cand in cand :)