Monday, April 14, 2008

The World in Words

This post is being updated from time to time with stuff found on the web or heard around. Feel free to drop a comment should you have anything worth posting.


Smart Quotes - trying to capture the essence of life in a few crafty words
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
- Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. - Albert Einstein
- Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing. - Albert Einstein
- The only thing new is the history you don't know. - Harry Truman
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. - Albert Einstein
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein


Small Details - you thought you were the only one who noticed
- Don't you feel the smell of burning rope when you're sick? - Camil Petrescu


Truth Well Told - amusingly enough to make you smile, real enough to make you wonder
- "How to Boil Water, in 500 easy steps" by Chuck Forsberg
- A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
- I had a wonderful, perfect night. This wasn't it.
- I thought you did the back-up.

- I was glad I was able to answer him promptly, I said I didn't know. - Mark Twain
- If it ain't broken, fix it until it is.
- If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- Junk: stuff we throw away; Stuff: junk we keep.
- Life is a riddle; unfortunately the answer's not written on the back of anything.
- Old magicians never die, they just float away.
- The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.
- Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible?
- Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?


Hilarious Lines - to simply split with laughter when you're sad or bored
- A 25th level sorceress? I pinch her butt! - famous last words
- Dragon HORDE? I thought you said Dragon HOARD! - famous last words
- I think the dragon's asleep. - famous last words
- It's perfectly safe. Let me show you ... - famous last words
- Trust me! I'm an expert! - famous last words
- Who's the chick with the spiders? - famous last words
- You don't look so tough ... - famous last words
- (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer
- As easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841
- Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue ...
- Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
- Gandhi would have smacked you in the head.
- I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
- If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may not be for you.
- Nothing is 100% certain, bug free or IBM compatible.
- Two thirds of Americans can't do fractions. The other half, just don't care.
- Twisted minded? Nooo, just bended in several strategic places.
- Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later.

No comments: